MAGAZINE COVER PAGES -- ANOTHER SIGN OF THE TIMES -- DECLINE OF AMERICA



OBAMA TO CLINTON --ALLEGED BY GLOBE

As a rather frequent visitor to the pharmacy since receiving a lung transplant, I've become a reader of magazine covers. What a lesson in societal decay is reflected in the covers. Salacious, provocative, always in the negative, and often clearly fallacious. Recently, one that caught my eyes was "Michelle storms out after huge fight over her spending." Who cares?..... Oh well, we all should since she spends a lot of our tax money.

Today, I was especially struck by one cover, The Globe. In reference to a new "tell-all" book by Hillary Clinton, "OBAMA YELLS AT HILLARY, SHUT YOUR MOUTH OR YOU WILL NEVER BE PRESIDENT."

I can only hope and pray that this headline is meaningful and that HILLARY DOESN'T SHUT HER MOUTH. That is, unless Obama intends to reign for another term if she doesn't, and another.....and, well you get it.

The seriousness in this, which I present as folly is...... the fact that a totally unqualified person, one of the least qualified among us, can be elected president......and become king or king maker. Such is what we have devolved to. Think about it!

As I write this, I am reminded of a piece I wrote at the request of The Washington Post in 2009. But, that's another long story and will be another write. Hint...It was rejected because I was a bit critical of President Obama's tactics in selling his healthcare plan. I was 100% right, but being right is not a ticket to acceptance today. More later.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

AMERICAN AIRLINES -- MORE ABOUT UNIONS AND CH 11

LEFTIST MIND-SET OF TODAY -- REFLEXIVE, THOUGHTLESS SUPPORT FOR THE OBAMA ADMINISTRATION

ETHANOL -- The worst mandate ever gets even worse